Guests will be allowed a TOTAL of 50lbs baggage which can include:
- up to 2 duffle bags (24″x12″x12″ each)
- 1 day pack
- 1 gun or bow case (a sock/soft case is required for your charter flight into the camp)
- Please refrain from bringing hard suitcases. Your luggage is flying to a remote location and available baggage weight is limited to a maximum of 50lbs per person.
- You must wear full hunting gear for the charter flights to and from the camp from your point of departure.
- We do have facilities to store any excess luggage you may have at your point of departure. For example, extra travel clothes and your hard gun or bow cases.
Field Tip: Always dress and pack in layers!
- Camo, water proof outer shell jacket
- Camo, water proof pants
- Camo, medium heavy fleece or wool insulated jacket
- Medium fleece or wool sweater/sweatshirt
- 2 Pairs of pants (1 insulated pair, preferably camo)
- 3 shirts (long sleeve/short sleeve)
- 6 pairs of socks (wool/insulated)
- 1 pair insulated underwear
- 6 pairs of underwear
- 1 pair of insulated knee high rubber boots
- 1 pair Gortex or waterproof hiking boots (back up)
- 1 pair of slippers for lodge wear
Gear: Regulations require big game hunters to wear a blaze orange hat or toque and at least 400 square inches of blaze orange above the waist (vests work well).
- 2 pairs of gloves (1 waterproof, 1 insulated)
- 1 winter hat, 1 blaze orange beaked hat
- 1 blaze orange vest
- 1 medium day pack (great for carrying extra gear)
- Polarized shooting glasses
- Good set of binoculars/rangefinder
- Compass/GPS (for resident hunters)
- Tall shooting sticks (optional)
- Digital camera (extra batteries if needed)
- Flashlight (extra batteries if needed)
- 1 knife
- Water bottle
- 1 summer weight sleeping bag (to be packed inside one of your duffles)
Personal Items: toiletries, bath towel, soap, toothbrush & toothpaste, razor & shaving cream, personal health medication, sunscreen and bug repellent.
Note: pillows, pillow cases and fitted sheets for the mattresses are supplied.
Ammunition: Ammunition is not included in the price of your hunt. We require 60 days to purchase ammunition for those wishing to hunt with a muzzle-loader.
Weapons of Choice: Archery and gun targets will be set up at camp.
Most shots are taken under 200 yards but you may be required to take a 300-400 yard shot. We suggest a flat fast shooting cartridge, 243 caliber and up, with a minimum of a 100 grain bullet. Magnum cartridges are a great choice, such as the 243 WSSM, 270 WSM, 7mm-300 Winchester WSM. We recommend bringing 2 boxes of shells (40 rounds).
Black-powder is becoming extremely popular for hunting these days. For those looking at taking one with a muzzle-loader please let us know ahead of time as you most likely will not get powder or primers on a commercial airliner. Let us know what you need for these items and we will make sure it is at the camp for your arrival. We recommend a minimum of 54 caliber for Moose hunting.
For those contemplating on whether or not to bring there bow, please do. You may regret not taking it once you are there. We strongly recommend being able to shoot with confidence up to 50 yards, there may be opportunities for closer shots but you don’t want to limit your chances of getting that trophy bull! We recommend at least 8 arrows in your arsenal.
There are rods available for you to use at the camp. Tackle is available for purchase. If you would prefer to bring your own tackle, a small box the size of a tobacco can with a few lures will be sufficient. We recommend a 5-of-Diamonds, a red & white spoon, or Rapella Crank Bits for Northern Pike. Arctic Grayling enjoy #0 and #00 Mepps Panther Martin and other small spoons. Licenses are available for purchase on location.