Join us near the top of the world for a top-notch hunt in the Canadian Arctic.
A Barren Ground Grizzly hunt in Northern Canada is something very few will ever experience. The population of these bears is thriving in Nunavut, and we can offer you the opportunity to hunt these magnificent animals on their vast, tundra home.
This unique adventure will see you hunting the most aggressive animal in North America. These bears fear nothing or no one.
The nomadic nature of these great beasts make Spring the best time to pursue them. We will use snow machines to cover huge areas of the bears’ range. Hunters will have their choice of driving their own snow machine or riding in komatiks (large wooden sleds) towed by guides.
Barren Ground Grizzlies are similar in size to their mountain cousins found in the Yukon and interior Alaska. Average bears will be in the 6 to 6.5 ft. range, with exceptional bears reaching up to 8 ft. The pelts of these incredible bears at this time of year will be at their most prime as well.
Ryan St. John, founder of Henik Lake Adventures, has been hunting these bears for the past 10 years and has a success rate of 90%.
Dates and Rates
Our hunts are scheduled to take advantage of the bears just emerging from their dens, covering large amounts of ground in search of food.
April 30-May 9
We are limited to 2 hunters per season.
ALL PRICES IN USD OR EQUIVALENT
Price: $13,500 plus license and taxes (1:1 guiding)
- Lodging during the hunt (at hotel or tent camp, as necessary)
- All meals during hunt
- In field transportation
- Professional, 1 on 1, licensed guide service
- Field prep of trophy
- Licenses/tags/HTO fees
- Export/CITES permits
- Travel from Winnipeg to Arviat
- Meals/accommodations in Winnipeg or Southern stopover
- Meals/accommodations in Baker Lake due to travel delays
- Excess baggage fees
- Snow machine rental (optional)
Once an animal is wounded, every effort will be made to recover that animal. Regardless of the outcome, the tag will be considered filled for that animal.
- Deposits of $4,000 per hunter is required. Bookings will not be considered complete until the deposit is received. Deposits may be made by check, credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or wire transfer.
- Final payment is due 90 days prior to departure and can be paid by check, wire transfer or credit card (Visa or MasterCard) with a 3% fee.
- Full payment must accompany any reservation made less than 90 days prior to departure.
- Once final payment has been received, you will receive an information package regarding your trip details.
Send deposits to:
PO Box 10
Ile des Chenes MB