Are there many kids, (big or little) who don’t like chocolate and peanut butter? Better teach them how to make these for themselves. Why? Because they’ll be begging you for more!
- 1 cup white flour (250 mL)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (125 mL)
- 2 tsp. baking soda (10 mL)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (5 mL)
- ¾ cup butter, softened (175 mL)
- ½ cup peanut butter (125 mL)
- 1 cup white sugar (250 mL)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (250 mL)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (250 mL)
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add sugar and eggs and beat well. Add the flour mixture and both kinds of chips. Stir until well combined.
- Drop by tablespoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet. Do not press down.
- Bake at 350° F (180° C) for 10-12 minutes for a soft cookie. Let cool before removing from pan to a rack.
Makes 3-4 dozen cookies
(From our Cranberries & Canada Geese cookbook, page 93)